Sanjeev JainChief Operating Officer
An Engineer with over 31 years of diversified experience in project planning/execution, procurement & contract management. Worked with ZEDAN GROUP over a period of 15 years and Nuclear Power Corporation – INDIA. Expertise in Projects /Contracts Management activities involving pre & post-bid negotiations with clients/ finalization of sub-contracts, overseeing construction activities, and procurement of materials for projects & routine requirements. Adept at preparing techno-commercial contracts with vendors to hire services / procure equipment & materials in conformance to given specifications. An effective communicator with excellent relationship management & negotiation skills.
August 16 onwards Z Aljaizra , Saudi Arabia
Managing Director: Joined the group again to bring back the company operation back to track and bring new business and new life to the company. As I was among one of the founder members of the company, the Owner’s trust bought back to handle the operation.
April 13 to July 16 Mavin Switchgears and Controls Pvt Limited, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
Chief Operating Officer(COO): Handled the company’s power sector operation in transmission. Delivered the following Gas Insulated Substation from concept to commissioning:-
- 220/33kV Infosys Pune Substation (for MSETCL)
- 132/11kV Canpack Substation, Aurangabad (for MSETCL)
- 220/33kV Infosys Pocharam Substation, Hyderabad (for Telangana Power )
- 220/33kV Infotech Vally Substation, Bhubaneswar (for Orissa Power)
Delivered the following Air Insulated Substations from concept to commissioning:-
- 132/33kV Bhogari Substation (for Orissa Power)
- 400/220kV Mehandasal Substation expansion (for Orissa Power)
- 132/11kV Panipat Substation ( for Haryana Industrial Power )
- 66/11kV Punchkula Substation (for Haryana Industrial Power )
Delivered the following Transmission Lines from concept to Commissioning:-
- 220kV Shendra D/C T/L length 16kms (for MSETCL)
- 132kV D/C T/L for Bhogari Substation 27kms (for MSETCL)
Delivered the following U/G cable system from concept to commissioning:-
- 220kV U/G, 1000mm2 – 16kms D/C system, converting overhead to U/G by CTT from concept to commissioning at Pocharam, Hyderabad for Telangana Power.
Reorganize the whole company operating culture and inducted new experience result-oriented persons. Managed cash flow of the companies and fund resourcing. Recovered USD 3.8 million which was pending with MSETCL. Bought the company turnover from USD 3.1million to USD 15.7 million in three years.
Jan 09 to Mar 13 Pinkcity Flexipack India Pvt Ltd, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
As a first-generation entrepreneur worked as a working partner (with 33% shareholding) in establishing the flexible packaging industry from concept to commissioning. The capacity of the industry was 300Ton per month. Established vide cliental base which includes Oswal Soaps, RCM, Hypermarket, etc, and touched a turnover of USD 3.73 million in 3 years time frame.
The broken partnership was due to financial management dispute as the company needed more infusion of working capital.
Oct ‘01 to Sept 04 & April 2005 to 2008 with Z Aljazira LLC & Arcan International JV partner (Saudi Arabia)
General Manager ( Dec 06 to Dec 08 ):- Handling the company’s total operation having contracts worth USD 234million. Project executed were:-
- 132/13.8kV S/S 8127 Tawiq for SEC-Central,
- 132/13.8kV S/S 8602 Dwadhmi for SEC-Central
- 132 /13.8kV refurbishment of Kama substation for SEC-Central and
- 69/13.8kV Salam Substation for SEC – East.
Deputy General Manager Projects (Oct’01-Sept’04): Worked at Z Aljazira LLC Head Office Saudi Arabia, responsible for the entire project execution/planning/procurement of high-value items/cash flow /arranging project finance for the Substation projects of the company. Secured the following project worth USD 45million:-
- 132/33kV Rumah Substation for SEC-Central and
- 69/13.8kV Meridian Substation for SEC-East
As Deputy Branch Manager, India Office (April 05-Nov 06): Heading Tendering and Procurement Cell for ARCAN International projects and leading a team of Estimation Engineers. Responsible for the entire bidding /tendering and Techno-Commercial negotiation with clients till Award of contract. Purchase, materials planning for projects like Substations, Highrise buildings, Interconnection through cabling or Overhead Lines, infrastructure & allied activities.
- Played a pivotal role in getting pre-qualification with Saudi Electric Companies (SEC) in all provinces.
- Successful establishment of the entire process of contract management & procurement involving requisitioning, budget control, order amendments & issue of change orders.
- Identified and developed a huge database of contractors/vendors/suppliers in the field of electrical & mechanical works for specialized jobs & administrative services for the startup operations.
Oct’04-Mar’05 with Jyoti Structures Limited, India
Deputy General Manager- Marketing: Looked after tendering division, responsible for cost estimation, bid preparation, market analysis both in the domestic and international market, and post-bid negotiations. Secured contracts worth more than USD 110 million for the Construction of Transmission Line on a Turnkey Basis, Supply of Line & Microwave towers, Testing Towers & surveys for Transmission Lines.
Nov’99-Sept’01 with Jaggi Electrical Ltd, India
As Project-Based Partnership: Executed various short-time contracts on a nomination basis for Rajasthan Atomic Power Project Unit 3&4 and Heavy Water Plant Kota. The highlight was the Expansion of the 220kV Switchyard, the Erection of the 500MVA Generator Transformer, Control room cabling and wring works & Nuclear Reactor Containment leak test.
Oct’97-Oct ’99 Hadi Haider Company, Saudi Arabia
As Project Manager – 4X600MW Ghazlan Power Plant for BECHTEL & MHI Consortium: Handled the electrical erection works for the power plant for Phase I, covering material and manpower planning.
As lead Estimator– Electrical Projects: Secured 132/33kV Substation 6F for Royal Commission Yanbu, for $USD 60million.
Jan’90-Sept’97 Nuclear Power Corporation India Ltd
As Scientific Officer Grade “SC”: Involved in the infrastructure development for Rajasthan Atomic Power Project Unit 5 –8, Expansion of 220kV Switchyard for start-up power supply from design, procurement, erection, and commission.
As Scientific Officer Grade “SD”: Involved in the erection of Control Room Systems for RAPP 3-4, Various Power Packages & Control Cabling. Handled commissioning of MCB Trip Monitoring System & Event Sequence Recording System.